Saturday, September 19, 2009

A little bit of Frankford Branch

Here I am with 2 women in the branch. I know its been some time since I've written a blog but getting a branch up and running takes a lot of work. :)

Rose St. Clair (left) served a little while as the enrichment counselor in Relief Society.

Yadira Blanco (right) served as the educational counselor.




This is Matilde Taborda. She is a wonderful woman with a kind heart. She served as RS secretary.

Then the presidency decided to confuse the congregation and change the presidencies around and now I am currently serving as YW president.

She is now serving in primary along with Rose and Yadira. They love their callings and you can see that serving the Lord brings smiles to everyone they touch.


Here are some more wonderful women from church. Natasha Cadet (left) is not in the branch boundaries but we were trying to recruit her. :)

Yah Zowa Boyah (Center) served in primary for some time.

Delores Cookey (right) was a teacher in RS but now she is currently serving in primary.





These women were the Young women leaders at the start of the branch. In the far back is Nakia Williams who is now serving in primary. Her twins sons were just recently baptized.

Diana Stokes is slightly in front of Nakia, stayed in YW for some time but she has just recently been released so I guess I'll know where her new calling is sometime soon.

Erica Doughty (front of room) is currently serving in RS.



There are many amazing women that serve in the church. They really love the Lord and their sisters. I sadly do not have pictures of them all but they really have touched my heart forever; Natalie Buchkovich, Rolis Gonzalez, Sally Moore, Frances Horton, Frances Kent, and many more that are outside of the branch.

I love serving my Lord and Savior.

“The cultivation of Christlike qualities is a demanding and relentless task—it is not for the seasonal worker or for those who will not stretch themselves, again and again.” - Spencer W. Kimball

3 comments:

Kendy said...

I soooooo was hopeing that the branch would have been created when i was still there....I was excited to have been able to serve....u r an amazing woman ur self....we miss u guys terribly...i look at the pics we took the last night we were there...love you....

Nikkie said...

Carleen, you look so pretty in that picture! I have been a slacker and haven't checked your blog in a while. I love the camp pics. Sadly, I did not get any good pics of us together when we were in PA this summer. They all turned out blurry.:)Hope you're doing ok with Ammon at college. I'm sure Caser is taking good care of you. Oh and btw, where am I in you friend's blog list? Hmmmm?

Nikkie said...

ok, not only am I a slacker and a bad picture taker, apparently I am also blind. I found myself in your favorite friends. :)