Saturday, November 1, 2008

Archeology

Old houses are so interesting. Cesar was in the crawl space under the kitchen to repair a leak, which turned out to be even more of a task then expected as always the problem when repairing an old home. There is always more to be done then you think a simple job would take.
old bottle

This is a stone that he dug up...and its currently sitting on my porch


BIG, BIG, BIG ROOT... there use to be a siccamore tree that lived on the side of my house about 3 yrs ago. The city took it down and insisted that they took the trunk and the roots died...well when we carried these things out (oh yes we took 5 of these babies out of this little crawl space. i didn't think to get my camera right away) anywhoo they poured out water like the faucet was on high.





6 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Wow you had a busy, busy weekend! No wonder you have been sick!

Nikkie said...

Geez-they look like something from a horror movie. Invasion of the siccamore roots.

Patty Sampson said...

Wow! What an adventure! Those roots are crazy! Good luck with the kitchen leak.

Kendy said...

That is awesome. We found newspaper under our upstairs bathroom from1950's. Phily houses r so cool.

Doug and Mallena said...

Yikes! Maybe I'll just continue to rent for the rest of my life. I'm not sure if I want to deal with stuff like that. :)

Cordell and Sarah said...

Hey Carleen,
I found your blog from Tricia's and thought I would say hello. Give Ammon a friendly punch in the arm for me would you? He is such a good kid and sounds like you guys are doing great. We think of you often and miss you guys. Happy holidays!