Tuesday, September 16, 2008

News Flash

Well its a new school year. My son is a senior! wow! He has many tours of different colleges to look at. (is it wrong to be too excited for him to go off to college?) He has his own goals: to be on honor roll all year, and not miss a day of school. He is going to seminary for the 4th year and now its early morning. (I remember those days). He goes to Temple University for a program specially designed for high school students, that like math and science. It helps them prepare for college. He goes there 2x a week. He is still very active in Scouts. He just recently finished his last merit badge and only needs to do his eagle project. (needs to complete this before he is 18). He is also active in church and has a stake calling as a youth rep for activities.

My husband is doing well. His arm has problems at times. He got a cortizone (spell?) shot and it hasn't bothered him since. (we'll see how it feels in a few months after it wears off). His heart is working well also. He goes to the doctors for a follow up next week. He is planning on starting his own landscaping business next season.

As for myself...well, adapting to having 2 men in the house...is a challenge. (Both of them are very high maintenance). Next week i'm returning to school to finish up my bachelor's degree. Its hard to find a university that has a BA for interpreting for the Deaf. I am finishing it up completely online. So next december i should graduate. (if things go my way). In addition to all this craziness i've brought on for myself, the Lord has thrown more my way. A new branch will be starting in my area. Its exciting but i'm nervous.

Well that's all in a nutshell...toodles

6 comments:

Kendy said...

OMG a senior? Man they grow tooo fast. Yea it must be hard with two guys now. An extra kid i say. Husbands are so needy and u expect more from them cause they are older. the kids bathroom smells cause of Zayah can't imagine how your amells ; )JK.

Doug and Mallena said...

That's really great that life seems to be going well. I can't believe you have a son old enough to be a senior. :) I hope the landscaping business really takes off. I'd hire him, if I had a house, and if I were going to be living here. :)

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Glad to see you updated! It is about time! You know I love ya!

Nikkie said...

Tell Ammon hi!! I hope he has an awesome senior year and achieves all of his goals. I also think it is awesome that you are going back to school and Cesar is starting a business. You will both do great!
BTW, I tagged you, so read my blog to see what you need to do

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

You guys are always so busy...but I guess that is what makes you so cool! Thanks for a new update!

dan and linds said...

Way to go Ammon! It sounds like he is going to be very successful! Your family sure is busy!